The Delsys Prize
Promoting Innovation in Electromyography
To participate in the Delsys Prize 2013 please read the following Rules and Regulations below. Once you have read and understood the rules and regulations please download the Delsys Prize 2013 Entry Form.
Save your complete entry as a single Word or pdf file and email it as an attachment to: email@example.com. In the subject line of your email, you MUST include your first and last name, otherwise your entry may not make it through our spam filter.
Submissions for the Delsys Prize must be received by midnight (11:59 pm EDT; GMT -4) September 30, 2013.
RULES AND REGULATIONS
The purpose of the Delsys Prize is to promote innovation in the field of Electromyography.
The Prize recognizes the best submitted innovation of the year.
One complete Trigno™ 8-Channel Wireless EMG System with EMGworks® 4 Signal Acquisition and Analysis Software.
The Award will be given to the first author on the entry form. Taxes, duties and applicable fees to be paid by the winner.
Any individual eighteen (18) years of age and older may participate.
Excluded from participation are:
- Employees and consultants of Delsys, Inc. and their immediate relatives
- Members of the Review Board
- Submit before midnight (11:59 pm, EDT; GMT -4) September 30, 2013.
- Submit official application form as a Word or pdf attachment by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- We will accept entries that may have been previously presented or published.
- All entries will be treated as public domain information.
- Please do not identify any Delsys technology on the entry form.
- The entry of the winner will be posted on the Delsys website (www.delsys.com).
The entries will be scored on a scale from
0 to 10 as follows:
|Impact of Innovation
|Evidence of usefulness
|Clarity of description
Winner will be announced on www.delsys.com on November 1, 2013.
The Review Board is appointed by Delsys Inc. The Review Board will consist of five experts in the field of Electromyography, at least three of whom will not be affiliated with Delsys. For further information on members of the Review Board, see www.delsys.com.
The Chairperson is responsible for resolving issues of uncertainty and will only vote in case of a tie.
Members of the board are subject to the Delsys Prize rules of Confidentiality and Conflict of Interest. All Board members are asked to sign a form agreeing to abide by the Confidentiality and Conflict of Interest policies when they join the Board.
All discussions among Board members concerning all aspects of the content of the entries are strictly confidential. Board members must not discuss with applicants or other interested parties any information relating to the review of a specific entry. All requests for information on an entry should be referred to the Chairman of the Review Board, who will address them directly.
Conflict of Interest
Delsys will attempt to make every effort to ensure not only that its decisions are fair and objective, but that they are seen to be so. No Board member with a real or apparent conflict of interest may participate in the review of an application; therefore:
1. Board members are excluded from submitting an entry.
2. Board members must recuse themselves from deliberation if they: ·
- are from the same institution or company as the applicant,
- have collaborated, published with the applicant, within the last five (5) years,
- have been a student or supervisor of the applicant within the last five (5) years,
- are a close personal friend, business associate or relative (e.g., spouse, minor child, sibling, or parent) of the applicant,
- are an officer, director, member, owner, trustee, expert, advisor, consultant (with or without compensation), or employee of an applicant or other organization that would be affected by his or her decision,
- are in negotiations or have an arrangement for prospective employment with an applicant or other organization that would be affected by his or her decision,
- have had long-standing scientific or personal differences with the applicant,
- are in a position to gain or lose financially from the outcome of the application (e.g., hold stock in the company of an industry partner or a competitor), or
- for some other reason feel that they cannot provide an objective review of the entry .
Review Board Members
The Review Board will consist of five experts in the field of Electromyography, at least three of whom will not be affiliated with Delsys.
Carlo J. De Luca, Ph.D, Chairman
President and CEO
Professor, Boston University
||Joseph Hamill, Ph.D., 
Professor and Chair, Department of Exercise Science
Associate Dean, School of Public Health and Health Sciences
University of Massachusetts
Philip A. Parker, Ph.D., P.Eng., 
Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering
University of New Brunswick
William Zev Rymer, M.D., Ph.D.
John G. Searle Professor of Rehabilitation Research
Rehabilitation Institute of Chicago
||Frans C.T. van der Helm , Ph.D., 
Professor in Biomechatronnics and Bio-robotics
Chair of Dept. of Biomechanical Engineering
Faculty of Mechanical, Maritime and Materials Engineering
Delft University of Technology
Delft, The Netherlands