Signal Processing Engineers
We are seeking a candidate to assist with the development of algorithms for processing muscle activation and body motion signals acquired during various human movements. The algorithms require knowledge of signal processing, decision theory, pattern recognition and machine learning primarily in a MATLAB environment.
The candidate will join a dynamic and growing team and will work directly to gain relevant technical and scientific expertise, as well as professional development. The candidate will be able to interact directly with other R&D and software development teams . The R&D Lab also maintains close collaborations with researchers from surrounding universities in Massachusetts.
Work with Delsys Research staff to design and implement algorithms for processing neuromuscular and biomotion signals acquired from healthy and patient populations during various human movements including exercise, gait, daily living activities, and speech.
The candidate must:
- Have completed or be enrolled in a graduate-level engineering program
- Be comfortable working with time and frequency analyses of signals
- Have a working knowledge of decision theory
- Have experience with supervised and unsupervised pattern classification
- Be comfortable developing prototype algorithms in a MATLAB environment
- Have demonstrated ability to work and solve problems independently
The ideal candidate should:
- Have an understanding of stochastic processes
- Have experience working with bio-signals
- Have taken courses in machine learning, statistical classification, pattern recognition or similar
- Have knowledge of additional programming/scripting languages such as C++.
- Have experience programming user interfaces.
Recent graduates are encouraged to apply.