Product Development Engineer
We are seeking a motivated engineer with a strong interest in mechanical design, material sciences, and design for manufacturability to develop body-worn sensor technologies. The position will provide exposure to cross-disciplinary approaches in engineering, including mechanical/electrical design, software integration, material testing, prototype development and additional elements of the product life cycle. Candidates will have the opportunity to work directly with senior management in the hardware development team on time-sensitive and mission-critical projects to expand new products, evolve manufacturing methods and support research and development of next-generation sensor technology. The ideal candidate will have a demonstrated affinity for analytical thinking, pragmatic problem-solving and hands-on understanding of design processes.
- Assist engineering in designing and building prototypes for research projects and new product concepts.
- Assist engineering in performing verification and validation activities on new body worn sensors currently under development.
- Explore materials and novel packaging for established sensing modalities
- Assist in evaluating material candidates for product applications
- Develop pre-development ideas to shape product definitions and development paths
- Assist engineering in developing, documenting and validating manufacturing test fixtures for body-worn sensor products.
- Assist the engineering and research teams in data gathering experiments and data analysis and reporting.
The Candidate must:
- Be enrolled in an undergraduate or graduate degree in mechanical, materials, chemical, biomedical or similar engineering program
- Have a strong interest in all aspects of product design from ideation through release
- Be extremely comfortable working with computer aided design (CAD) software
- Demonstrate the ability to solve problems independently
The ideal candidate should:
- Have some prior internship or co-op experience in industry