Product Development Engineer
We are seeking a motivated engineer with a strong interest in mechanical design, material sciences, and design for manufacturability to develop body-worn sensor technologies. The position will provide exposure to cross-disciplinary approaches in engineering, including mechanical/electrical design, software integration, material testing, prototype development and additional elements of the product life cycle. Candidates will have the opportunity to work directly with senior management in the hardware development team on time-sensitive and mission-critical projects to expand new products, evolve manufacturing methods and support research and development of next-generation sensor technology. The ideal candidate will have a demonstrated affinity for analytical thinking, pragmatic problem-solving and hands-on understanding of design processes.
- Lead designing and building prototypes for research projects and new product concepts.
- Perform verification and validation activities on body-worn sensors and medical products.
- Lead the exploration of materials and novel packaging for established sensing modalities.
- Explore product ideas in the pre-development phase to shape product definition.
- Lead the evaluation of material candidates for prototype and product applications.
- Develop, validate, and document manufacturing test fixtures and approaches for active products.
- Assist the engineering and research teams in experimentation, data analysis and reporting.
- Assist in the development and tailoring of specific sensor applications.
The Candidate must:
- Be currently enrolled in or have recently completed an undergraduate degree in mechanical, materials, chemical, biomedical or similar engineering program
- Have a strong interest in all aspects of product design from ideation through release
- Be capable of interpreting analog and digital circuit schematics
- Be well versed in working with 3D mechanical data & models (CAD software)
- Show independent problem-solving capability.
- Be familiar with medical device development activities or ISO13485 product development activities
The ideal candidate should:
- Be currently enrolled in or have completed a graduate degree in mechanical, materials, chemical, biomedical or similar engineering program
- Have some prior industry experience