We are seeking highly motivated candidates to contribute to the research and development of next-generation human-centric sensor technology. Delsys Research Engineers are involved in a broad spectrum of cutting-edge projects to: advance the understanding of neuromuscular physiology, develop next-generation neural interface technology, build autonomous algorithms for tracking human movement; all with the goal of translating future innovations from research to marketplace. The position involves a broad set of analytical and technical skills in the fields of signal processing, algorithm development, performance verification and error analysis. Successful candidates will have the opportunity to gain extensive experience developing cutting-edge research solutions across diverse application areas working closely with a strong team of research engineers, scientists, and clinical collaborators.
- Apply methods to process information from physiological signals acquired during various human movements, including: exercise, gait, daily living activities, and speech
- Analyze statistical features of physiological data.
- Design, develop and test pattern recognition and classification algorithms for characterizing the biomechanics and control of human movement
- Be currently enrolled or have completed an undergraduate degree in robotics, biomedical, electrical, computer or similar engineering program
- Have demonstrated ability to adapt and collaborate in rapid learning environment
- Have experience in signal data processing in time and frequency domain
- Have taken courses in signal processing, machine learning, pattern recognition or similar
- Have a working knowledge of decision theory
- Have experience designing, testing, and implementing both supervised and unsupervised machine learning algorithms
- Be fluent in MATLAB
The ideal candidate should:
- Be currently enrolled in or have recently completed a graduate degree in robotics, biomedical, electrical, computer or similar engineering program
- Have some prior industry experience