The 2nd ISB Symposium on Motor Control in Biomechanics at ISB 2015, Glasgow (UK) was held on Sunday July 12th 2015 on the opening day of the XXV Congress of the International Society of Biomechanics (ISB) in Glasgow, UK.
The Initiative, organized by prof. Carlo J. De Luca and the ISB Seed Group in Motor Control, featured a Keynote Lecture by Professor Paavo Komi from the University of Jyväskylä (Finland) and internationally renowned speakers in the field of Motor Control and Biomechanics.
- During the ISB Symposium on Motor Control in Biomechanics, Prof. Carlo De Luca presented the latest developments on motor unit firing behavior during cyclic dynamic contraction.
- ISB Special Session on Motor Control “Evolving Concepts in Motor Control for Biomechanics”. Prof. Carlo J. De Luca presents a perspective on the motor unit control scheme.
- Inspiring Keynote Lecture on Motor Control: How do we move forward in Biomechanics and Motor Control?
- Prof. Carlo De Luca warns against the danger of conjecture rather than empirically based proof.
- He encourages researches to think independently, take intelligently calculated chances, make mistakes but learn from them, have a point of view but remain rational and open to challenge.